Announcing the return of the Design Anthology Awards, the industry awards for the Asian and Australian design communities
Design Anthology established its awards programme in 2019 to celebrate and showcase the talent and vision of the region’s creative community and holds the Design Anthology Award 2021 as an online award this year. Across Asia, Australia and New Zealand, countries and cities are competing to become design hubs, attract talent and be considered more creative than their neighbours, bringing a renewed focus to design as a byword for the way we live. As an established authority on design and architecture in the region, they established the Design Anthology Awards to celebrate and showcase the talent and vision of the region’s creative community. Aoyama Design Forum proudly supports the Design Anthology Awards 2021 with the trophy sponsor Lasvit, prize sponsors Design Hotels, and House of Tai Ping.
- April 30, 2021 — Portal opens for submissions
- August 31, 2021 — Submission portal closes
- September 1-30, 2021 — Vetting of entries by Design Anthology and shortlisting by judges
- October 1, 2021 — Announcement of finalists
- October 15, 2021 — Awards ceremony and virtual exhibition of finalists The Awards ceremony will take place virtually online on October 15, 2021.
- October 16, 2021 — Design Anthology Awards Talks This will take place the day after the awards ceremony, with the Awards judges and finalists, as well as invited design luminaries participating in a programme of virtual discussions about design across the region.
Three categories, 21 awards to be won. Individual category prizes to be announced soon.
The Design Anthology Awards 2021 aims to recognise exceptional work in the fields of architecture, interior and product design, and to recognise individuals and organisations that are actively working to change the public’s perceptions of what Asian, Australian and New Zealand design means today.
- Teo Yang, South Korea
- Shirley Surya ,Hong Kong
- Itsuko Hasegawa, Japan
- Dong Gong - Vector Architects, China
- Colin Seah - MOD, Singapore
- Rachaporn Choochuey - Allzone, Thailand
- Maria Cristina Didero, Italy
- Ewan McGoin - NGV, Australia
- Kenneth Cobonpue, Philippines
All category winners will be awarded:
- A bespoke Design Anthology Awards trophy created by Lasvit
- A framed certificate
- Coverage in the Awards book produced by Design Anthology
About Design Anthology
"Design Anthology is Asia's only luxury design magazine. Their editorial concentrates on high-quality, informed, timeless designs - not trends or fads - and is aimed at a sophisticated, well-travelled and discerning audience.
Each issue features quality writing by an international team about the built environment - from macro to micro - with subjects ranging from urban planning and architecture to interior design, furniture, art and a travel section aimed at the creative class”.
Each of their features has a focus on Asia - either projects in the region, or designed by Asia-based designers working internationally. Published quarterly, Design Anthology is a celebration of the burgeoning creative scene in Asia".