Festival des Architectures Vives 2021 to rediscover the city of Montpellier
The 2021 edition of the Festival of Architectures Vives received a very positive return share of the public, the frequentation of the festival is in broad increase with a number of visitors higher than 10,000 people. The Festival des Architectures Vives aims at raising public awareness on the wide range of architecture. It seeks not only to highlight the work of a young generation of architects, landscape architects and urban planners but also to discover unexpected urban areas.
Many works allow interaction with visitors. Leaving no physical trace, the festival seeks to make an impression, to initiate a global reflection on architecture and its development in an existing urban context and finally, to create a dialogue between contemporary works and heritage. Mediators are present on each site. These mediators are students at the School of Architecture of Montpellier and they endeavour to strengthen the appreciation of the works of the visitors. The event is free reflecting the desire of opening architecture to the greatest number.
Teams of the FAV 2021
Teams who create the ephemeral works are selected after a call for submissions launched in September 2019. They come from France and from abroad countries.
- Jury Award FAV 2021《AN 4000》-Atelier AJO（José Roldán et Alice Delattre)
- Public Award FAV 2021《SABLIER》- Atelier 4 et SP25 Arquitectura (David Oliva Torras, Elisenda Planas Costa et Anna Juncà i Frigola)
- Special Mention FAV 2021《L’ESTHETIQUE DU MAL》- Hernandez Hugues, Marty Ariane, Baufils Morgan
- 《Soleil des jardins》- Soto Antunez Isabel & Gonzalez Gracia Elena
- 《RED BAG LADY》- Anekdote
- 《NATURE EN TRANSITION》-AGRESTE: Florent Clier, Charlotte Fagart, Sebastien Roussel
- 《BLOOM》Vigouroux Mathilde
- 《LA VENELLE GARDIANE》- Atelier MICROMEGA（Gauthier Martinez, Alexandre Lahaye, Thomas Pourteyroux, Justine Guyard, Charlie Granjon)
- 《Débords de mer》 - FARGA
About The Festival des Architectures Vives
The Festival des Architectures Vives is a public architectural exhibition. Visitors can discover or rediscover the historical landmarks of the city of Montpellier since 2006. The event invites visitors to interact with the rich heritage by offering installations scattered around the city. In Montpellier, it takes place in the historic town and offers a path connecting mansions and courtyards, mostly private, that are usually not accessible to visitors. The FAV is organized by Elodie Nourrigat and Jacques Brion, architects in Montpellier.