The Award theme is "Design for Architecture" with total prize money of US$100,000
ADF (NPO Aoyama Design Forum) opens for the “ADF Design Award 2023” entries on Monday, August 15, 2022. This year's award theme is "Design for Architecture". The total amount of prizes will be US$20,000 for the Best Performance Award, US$10,000 for the Excellence Award by category, and US$1,000 for the Encouragement Award by category, with an award for each category, for the total amount of prizes of US$100,000.
The Best Performance Award and Excellence Award winners will be given the opportunity to exhibit their works at the ADF venue in Fuori Salone during the "Milano Salone (Salone Internazionale del Mobile)", the world's largest furniture fair scheduled to be held in April 2023, as a supplementary prize. ADF will also provide a venue for exchange with interested parties at a reception party. Furthermore, we plan to exhibit the works at the ADF gallery space in Aoyama, Tokyo.
The “ADF Design Award” is an extraordinary opportunity to show your architectural design work to the world. Let's show your architectural designs to the world. The award jury will be announced as soon as it is decided.
Details of the award application period and judging criteria are as follows.
“Design for Architecture”
August 15, 2022 - December 30, 2022 (JST)
- Hospitality: hotel, casino, theme park, pavilion
- Commercial & Office: shopping center, department store, office building
- Education & Sports: school, research facility, stadium
- Cultural Buildings: theater, library, museum, art gallery, hospital
- Public Architecture: government and municipal building, airport, station, port
- Marialisa Santi (The President of the Foundation of the Order of the Architects of Milan)
- Ottavio di Blasi（ODB OTTAVIO BLASI&PARTNERS）
- Suzy Annetta (Design Anthology)
- Noriaki Okabe（Noriaki Okabe Architecture Network）
- Akihisa Hirata (Akihisa Hirata Architecture Office)
- Beauty: Artistic value in shape, color, detailing, and material selection
- Innovation: Responding to social changes, using new materials, innovative construction processes, and pioneering designs. Innovation is a challenge within limited conditions.
- Usefulness: The building is beneficial and sustainable for its users and the environment.
- Regional/Cultural/Chronological: The building blends with and differentiates itself from the region, and its superficial beauty fits with the times and cultural context.
- Best Performance Award: US$20,000
- Excellence Award by category: US$10,000
- Encouragement Award by category: US$1,000
The Best Performance Award and Excellence Award winners will have their works exhibited at the ADF venue in Fuori Salone during the "Milano Salone (Salone Internazionale del Mobile)".
Announcement of results
March 15, 2023
Past Award-Winning Works
Media Partner & Supporter
AIA NYS, APSDA, Architizer, Arch2O, art4d, ASA, Asia Designers Directory, Design Anthology, Design Educates Awards, Dezeen, Design China Beijing, Grands Prix Du Design, HKDC, LOOP Design Awards, MIID, ORDER ARCHITECTS P.P.C. OF THE PROVINCE OF MILAN, World Architecture Community
If you have any questions about the Award, please reach out to the following email.
ADF (NPO Aoyama Design Forum) is a non-profit organization established in Japan in 2009, and we aim to train and improve the status of designers worldwide. Since its establishment, we have been working closely with many design and architect associations throughout the world. As part of that, we have been showcasing at the “Milano Salone” since 2013, which is held once a year in Milan, Italy.
We are pleased to have held the Award since its first in 2013. By receiving many entries from the world through our partners every year, this Award has been growing as an international competition for design.