DFA Awards, One of Asia's Most Prestigious Design Awards Honours Design Trailblazers and Influential Projects
A flagship programme of the Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC), DFA Awards has announced this years' winners. The award is comprised of five major awards to acknowledge leaders for their outstanding contributions to the design industry and celebrate projects at the forefront of design excellence with Asian perspectives. ADF has proudly supported DFA Awards 2021.
Three trailblazers in the world of design have been awarded in 2021:
- Patrick Whitney, Professor in Residence of Harvard T.H.Chan School of Public Health - DFA Lifetime Achievement Award (DFA LAA)
- Min-Liang Tan, CEO & Co-founder of Razer Inc. - DFA Design Leadership Award (DFA DLA)
- Freeman Lau, Founder of KL&K Creative Strategics - DFA World’s Outstanding Chinese Designer (DFA WOCD)
In addition, 180 awards were conferred under the DFA Design for Asia Awards (DFA DFAA).
DFA Design for Asia Awards 2021 (DFA DFAA)
Since its launch in 2003, the DFA Design for Asia Awards has served to celebrate design excellence and acknowledge outstanding designs with Asian perspectives. It has been a stage upon which design talents and corporations can showcase their design projects internationally.
The Awards’ international judging panel comprises experienced design professionals and experts. Entries were judged and 180 winners through rounds of judging and deliberation were conferred. These awards include 12 Grand Awards, six Grand Award with Special Mention and 162 Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit under the Category Award. This year, companies from Mainland China and Japan are at the top of leaderboard with 52 awards, followed by Hong Kong awardees claiming 41 awards.
DFA Design for Asia Awards 2021 – Grand Awards Highlights
- DESIGN TRUST FUTURES STUDIO: Transformation of Yi Pei Square Playground - Company: DESIGN TRUST(Hong Kong)
- Farewell Platform - Company: YU Momoeda Architects (Japan)
- GREEN @ COMMUNITY – Recycling Stores - Company: Environmental Protection Department, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong)
- Kumamoto Castle Reconstruction Observation Path - Company: NIHON SEKKEI, INC. (Japan)
- A New Newspaper in Education - Company: Agenda for Art and Design Education (Taiwan)
- The Relic Shelter – Fuzhou Tea House - Company: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office (Mainland China)
- YDS-150 - Company: Yamaha Corporate (Japan)
- ZOZO, Inc. Head Office Building - Company: Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP/TAKENAKA CORPORATION (Japan)
- The Painted Screen: Past and Future - Company: Phoenix publishing House (Mainland China)
- Waterhall Project - Company: Orient Occident Atelier | OOA (Hong Kong)