"MIID REKA Awards 2023" Call For Entries!
NPO ADF proudly supports "MIID REKA Awards", which was established by The Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) to celebrate outstanding interior design ideas. MIID is the national institute representing the interior design profession in Malaysia. The MIID REKA Awards 2023 for Design Excellence shall be conferred to Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) and Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) registered Members practicing Interior Design for works completed between the years 2020 to 31st July 2023 that best exemplify the pursuit of excellence in Interior Design.
- To recognise Interior Designers and Students who pursue excellence in design which reflect local content in design, detail, material, etc
- To recognise the client bodies and builders who enable the achievement of excellence in Interior Design
- To promote the development of quality built interior environments that have beneficial, social, physical and cultural impacts on the community and country
- To recognise young talent through students’ course works in relation to various components of the course
2023 Award Categories - Design Excellence
- Public & Institutional (Public Spaces, Healthcare, Auditoriums, Terminals, etc.)
- Food & Beverage (Restaurants & Bars)
- Corporate Offices
- Hospitality (Hotel, Clubhouse, Spa, etc.)
- Retail, Exhibition & Entertainment (Retail, Gallery, Museum, Club, fitness centre, Karaoke, Cinema, Gaming, Spa, etc.)
- Residential (Houses, Apartments & Condominiums)
- Show Units
- Green Interior & Adaptive Reuse
Emerging Designer Award
- Best Interior Design of the Year (Winner will be selected from entries from categories 01-08 )
- Aoyama Design Forum (ADF) Special Award
Judging Criteria - Design Excellence - Professional Categories 1-8
- Design Impact - Express the positive impact it has created
- Creativity / Originality – Originality of the design merits
- Spatial Usage – Address functional aspects of the design through the use of strategic space planning
- Functionality – ergonomics, refined detailing, sustainability aspects
- Judging Criteria - Design Excellence - Student Category
- Concept / Idea- originality, creativity
- Space Planning – overall flow, practicality
- Material & Finishes – lighting, colour scheme, material suitability
- Presentation – quality of visual presentation, 3D perspectives
- MIID Members RM450.00 per entry
- Non-Members RM700.00 per entry
- MIID Student Members RM50.00 per entry
Closing Date & Time
All entries must be submitted online, and payment made by Thursday, 31st August 2023, 11.59pm.
The Judges for the Awards comprising design luminaries shall be nominated and approved by the MIID Council. All decisions made by the Judges are final and binding on all entries.
- Participating professional Interior Designers and Architects for Categories 01-08 must be registered with Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) and practicing interior design.
- Entries submitted must be completed between the years 2020 to 31st July 2023.
- Submissions of projects must be consented to by the client(s)/owner(s).
- Professionals are welcome to submit one or more entries for any or all categories. Each entry will be subject to the entry fees stated above.
- For the Student category, each student is only allowed to submit one project per student.