Design Anthology Awards 2021 Announes the Winners-Inspiring Design Projects from the Asian, Australian and NZ Design Communities
Design Anthology has revealed the winners of the 2021 Design Anthology Awards, which was held online this year. 21 award winners were selected across the categories of People, Places & Products. Inspiring projects submitted from the Asian, Australian and New Zealand design communities went through rigorous judging process by esteemed panel of industry experts. Aoyama Design Forum is proud to sponsor the award again this year.
People Category Winners
- ARCHITECT: Andra Matin, Indonesia
- EMERGING TALENT: Kosuke Araki, Japan
- INTERIOR DESIGNER: Nelson Chow, Hong Kong
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER: Kyuhyung Cho and Jungyou Choi, Studio Word, South Korea
- FEMALE DESIGNER: Fiona Lynch, Australia
- AMBASSADOR: Marisa Yiu, Hong Kong
- VANGUARD: Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu, Neri&Hu Design and Research Office, China
Places Category Winners
- ADAPTIVE REUSE: Baoshan Waste-to-Energy Exhibition Center by Kokaistudios, China
- COMMERCIAL SPACES: Maruhiro Office ‘OUCHI’ by DDAA, Japan
- CULTURAL, ART & EDUCATIONAL SPACES: For Our Country by Daniel Boyd and Edition Office, Australia
- HOSPITALITY SPACES (DINING): Siji Minfu by IN.X, China
- HOSPITALITY SPACES (HOTELS): Hotel Gahn by Studio Locomotive, Thailand
- RESIDENTIAL LIVING SPACES: Coopworth by FMD Architects, Australia
- RESIDENTIAL LIVING SPACES (COMPACT) : Chalet W by CASE-REAL, Japan
- RETAIL SPACES: m-i-d concept store, Osaka, by CURIOSITY, Japan
- SUSTAINABILITY: Smart Design Studio by Smart Design Studio, Australia
- URBAN REDEVELOPMENT: Beijing CR Land Galleria Shopping Center by Kokaistudios, China
Products Category Winners
- FURNITURE: Kite by Stellar Works, China
- LIGHTING: Rupu by EVERY, Indonesia
- ACCESSORIES: 13 series by ZETR, Australia
- TEXTILES: LOOFT by Sheryl Teng for Design Incubation Centre, National University of Singapore, Singapore
About Design Anthology
Design Anthology is Asia's only luxury design magazine. Their editorial concentrates on high-quality, informed, timeless designs - not trends or fads - and is aimed at a sophisticated, well-travelled and discerning audience.
Each issue features quality writing by an international team about the built environment - from macro to micro - with subjects ranging from urban planning and architecture to interior design, furniture, art and a travel section aimed at the creative class”.
Each of their features has a focus on Asia - either projects in the region, or designed by Asia-based designers working internationally. Published quarterly, Design Anthology is a celebration of the burgeoning creative scene in Asia".