GLOBAL MONUMENT DESIGN COMPETITION "GODDESS OF LOVE" AIMS TO PROMOTE CULTURAL AND TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN THE CITY OF DA LAT
On March 7th, 2023, the Global Monument Design Competition for the "Goddess of Love" was officially launched to create a new symbol for the Valley of Love (Vallée d'Amour) in particular and the city of Da Lat in general. The most outstanding design ideas that express the beauty and significance of love will be honored and realized within the tourist area. The competition is organized by Thanh Thanh Cong Tourist JSC (TTC Hospitality; HOSE: VNG), a member of TTC Group, in collaboration with the Vietnam Design Association HCMC (VDAS) and the Vietnam Design Award (VMARK). With a global scale, the organizers hope that the competition will receive the attention and support of specialized media units both domestically and internationally to contribute to creating a unique wonder that bears the imprint of Vietnam on the world tourism map. The award will accept entries from March 10, 2023 to June 5th, 2023. This year, ADF(NPO Aoyama Design Forum) is supporting the competition as a media partner.
The competition is not only an opportunity for architects, designers, and all those who love and have a passion for the design/creative field in Vietnam and around the world to show their uniqueness and artistic perspective, but also an opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities before 17 juries who are leading Professors, Doctorates, Chairman, Founders, Directors, Advisors, Experts,… from Japan, Hongkong, Finland, the UK, the US, Poland, Chile, and Vietnam.
According to Mr. Dang Van Thanh - Chairman of TTC Group, Chairman of the Jury Board, believes that with its 130-year history of development and unique advantages in terms of nature and people, Dalat has long been a famous tourist city in Vietnam. TTC Group is fortunate to own the Vallée d'Amour - one of the most poetic tourist destinations in this region. "Through the competition, we hope to find the most beautiful and meaningful design for the Statue of the Goddess of Love that ensures the aesthetic elements, reflects the spirit of honoring love, contributes to creating breakthroughs and highlights of the Da Lat plateau, and promotes the development of tourism in Da Lat city in particular and Lam Dong province in general", he said.
In the first two months of 2023, the number of tourists visiting and staying in Lam Dong has shown significant growth. By the end of February 2023, approximately 1.55 million tourists, representing an impressive increase of 32.5% compared to the same period in the previous year. The number of international visitors also saw a significant surge, with 73,000 tourists, reflecting a staggering increase of 1,124% compared to the same period last year. Moreover, the number of tourists increased by 74.2% compared to the same period last year, reaching a total of 1.045 million visitors.
- Grand Prize: VND400,000,000 in cash and a VND50,000,000-worth TTC Hospitality vouche
- Creative Prizes (numbers: 5): VND10,000,000 in cash and a VND 10,000,000-worth TTC Hospitality voucher each
- Outstanding individuals: Sheduled to be honored at the VMARK Vietnam Design Awards 2023 Ceremony
- Mr. DANG VAN THANH - Chairman of TTC Group, Chairman of the Jury
- Professor KOJI SAKAI - Professor, Board Member of the Japan Interior Designers' Association (JID)
- Professor PATRICK FONG - Chairman of the APDC Asia Pacific Design Center, Professor at Hong Kong/China Academy of Art
- Dr. STEFFEN LEHMANN - Former CEO of the School of Architecture/University of Nevada (USA)
- Dr. PHAM HUNG CUONG - Rector of the Industrial Fine Arts University; Mr. TATU AHLROOS - President Elect 2024-2026 of the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI), Interior Architect at Synopsis Architects Ltd., Former President of the Association of Finnish Architects
- Mr. NIWA HIROYUKI - President of Japan Interior Designers' Association, Chairman of Japan Commercial Environmental Design Association
- Mr. JESPER THOMSEN - Executive Director of the OPAL Design Awards (UK)
- Mr. MARCIN HUSARZ - Founder/CEO of Competitions Archi
- Mr. HO TAN DUONG - Chairman of Vietnam Design Association, HCMC (VDAS)
- Ms. DANH TRAN - Founder and CEO of the Vietnam Design Award, Vice Chairman of Vietnam Design Association, HCMC (VDAS)
- Mr. DAVID BASULTO - Founder/Editor-in-Chief of ArchDaily
- Mr. NGUYEN XUAN PHUC - Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Design Association, HCMC (VDAS), Deputy Head of the Architecture Department at HUTECH University of Technology and Education in Ho Chi Minh City
- Start accepting entries: March 10th, 2023
- Deadline for registration: April 10th, 2023
- Deadline for all entries: June 05th, 2023
- Announcement of TOP 10: June 15th, 2023
- Awards ceremony: June 23rd, 2023
About Vallée d'Amour
The Valley of Love, located 6km away from Da Lat city centre, is a stunning and valuable site that covers an area of nearly 140 hectares. Originally named Vallée d'Amour by the French in the 1930s, it became a national tourist attraction in 1998 and has since attracted both domestic and international tourists with its pleasant weather and breathtaking natural beauty. During the past years, TTC Group has devoted much effort into developing and awakening the "muse" amidst the Da Lat plateau. We have introduced modern elements while also preserving cultural heritage and showing respect for the natural environment, giving it a fresh and heartfelt appearance. The tourist site is loved by many domestic and international tourists and has won many prestigious awards domestically and internationally.
About TTC Group
TTC Group - a Vietnam's multi-industry Corporation, with Hospitality segment is identified as a key segment in our development strategy. Over the establishment and development, TTC Hospitality demonstrates its 20 distinct imprint in main cities and provinces such as Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Ninh Thuan, Phan Thiet, Da Lat, Ho Chi Minh City, Ben Tre, Can Tho, and Cambodia. It covers a vast division of accommodation including 13 hotels-resorts, ranging from 3 to 5-star standards with over 1,300 convenient rooms; 2 entertainment parks welcoming more than 2 million visitors per year and a series of new landscape architectures; 2 conference centers, 3 restaurants with a capacity of more than 6,000 guests and 1 travel center. In Da Lat, TTC currently owns many famous tourist attractions such as the Vallée d'Amour, Dream Hill, TTC Ngoc Lan Hotel, TTC Dalat Hotel, etc. In particular, the Vallée d'Amour has contributed to creating a new image of tourism and entertainment for the city of flowers.
VDAS is Vietnam’s Professional Design Association that amplifies the voice of the design community in Vietnam. Established in 2018, the VMARK Vietnam Design Week & Design Awards are the initiatives organized by the VDAS Design Association, with a mission to grow and nurture the Vietnamese design industry by enhancing the design community through education, awareness, and experience.