The Award theme is "Design for Architecture" with total prize money of US$50,000
NPO Aoyama Design Forum (ADF) is pleased to announce the 14th edition of the ADF Design Award 2024, an international design award organised by ADF. Award applications will be accepted from Monday 14 August to Friday 22 December 2023*, must be received by 22 December 2023 (Japan time). This year, as in previous years, the award theme is 'Architectural Design'. The prize money will be US$30,000 for the Grand Prize and US$5,000 for the Award of Excellence in each category, with a total prize fund of approximately US$50,000.
As a supplementary prize, the Excellence and Excellence Award winners will be able to exhibit their works at the ADF venue in Fori Salone during the Milano Salone Internazionale del Mobile, the world's largest furniture trade fair scheduled to take place in April 2024, where they will be invited to a reception party and other opportunities for exchange with interested parties. The ADF Design Award will also be exhibited at the ADF gallery space in Aoyama, Tokyo. The ADF Design Award is a great opportunity to showcase your architectural design work to the world. The jury for the awards will be announced as soon as it has been decided. We look forward to receiving your wonderful works to be presented to the world during the Milan Design Week, which attracts the world's attention.
“Design for Architecture”
August 14, 2023 - December 22, 2023 (JST)
- Hospitality: hotel, casino, theme park, pavilion
- Commercial & Office: shopping center, department store, office building
- Multi-family dwellings: private dwellings, non-interior
- Education & Sports: school, research facility, stadium
- Cultural Buildings: theater, library, museum, art gallery, hospital
- Public Architecture: government and municipal building, airport, station, port
- Emanuele Stamuli / Stamuli AB
- Fernando Menis / Architect
- Lorenzo Bini/ Member of the Council of the Order and Foundation of the Order of the Architects of Milan
- Suzy Annetta / Design Anthology
- William Potts / NR2154
- Beauty: Artistic value in shape, color, detailing, and material selection
- Innovation: Responding to social changes, using new materials, innovative construction processes, and pioneering designs. Innovation is a challenge within limited conditions.
- Usefulness: The building is beneficial and sustainable for its users and the environment.
- Regional / Cultural / Chronological : The building blends with and differentiates itself from the region, and its superficial beauty fits with the times and cultural context.
- Best Performance Award: US$30,000 (1 film from all categories)
- Excellence Award: US$5,000 (2 entries from all categories)
※However, some awards may be considered "not applicable".
- The Best Performance Award and Excellence Award winners will have their works exhibited at the ADF venue in Fuori Salone during the "Milano Salone (Salone Internazionale del Mobile)".
- Aoyama Design Forum will cover up to USD 1,000 for set-up costs
- The winning entries will have the opportunity to be exhibited at the Virtual Museum run by ADF
- The grand prize winner will receive PR support from the ADF Business Matching Division for one year
Propertie completed within 3 years
- Individuals or groups (up to one work proposal per group)
- Any nationality is eligible.
- Must be a member of ADF (*No fee is required to join)
Announcement of results
28 February 2024
Past Award-Winning Works
If you have any questions about the Award, please reach out to the following email.
ADF (NPO Aoyama Design Forum) is a non-profit organization established in Japan in 2009, and we aim to train and improve the status of designers worldwide. Since its establishment, we have been working closely with many design and architect associations throughout the world. As part of that, we have been showcasing at the “Milano Salone” since 2013, which is held once a year in Milan, Italy.
We are pleased to have held the Award since its first in 2013. By receiving many entries from the world through our partners every year, this Award has been growing as an international competition for design.