Premio Neolaureati 2020 Winners Announced
On December 17, 2020, the Best Graduates Award, established by the Order of Architects of Milan has Announced its winners for their 2020 edition. Premio Neolaureati-the Graduates Award-, was established to filter out the best and most interesting architecture, design, landscape and restoration thesis of Milan Polytechnic’s graduates. The award wants to put recent graduates in touch with professional and cultural realities and present them to a broad, interested public. This year, Aoyama Design Forum is proud to be a sponsor for this award again.
The reconversion of the Ex Cinema Alpi in Milan into a contemporary club, the reinterpretation of popular culture in a sonic key, the urban project for the Crescenzago area in Milan: these were the top three award winning projects for this year's edition.
The 2020 jury was composed of:
Antonella Boisi, journalist, Mondadori
Alberto Bortolotti, councelor of the Order of Architects of Milan
Francesca Frassoldati, professor at the Polytechnic of Turin
Davide Frattini Frilli, architect and designer
Yukio Ishiyama, president of Garde Italy
The 2020 edition awarded three prizes to the best works and five special mentions.
1st Prize: € 1,000.00 + 4 books selected by the OAMI Foundation
2nd Prize: € 500.00 + 3 books selected by the OAMI Foundation
3rd Prize: € 250.00 + 2 books selected by the OAMI Foundation
Special mentions: the authors of the aforementioned theses will receive as a gift a selection of the books published by the OAMI Foundation.
- Marco Rizzo,
Thesis title : “Architectural symbiosis / monumental necessity: Superclub +. History and interpretation of the contemporary Club through functional hybridization: Retrofitting of the / 'Ex Cinema Alpi in Milan "
The thesis of Marco Rizzo was awarded, according to the jury's motivation, "for the complexity of the project and the ability to synthesize the relationship with the existing and integration of new functions".
- Filippo Muzzi
Thesis Title: “Transonora. Sound transitions of tradition"
The jury's comment: “for the ability to speak to the whole city, managing to rethink the transmission of culture in contemporary society. This thesis manages to cross different worlds to combine the different scales of the project ".
- Davide Brugnoni, Dario Cassani, Alessandro Dorlini
Thesis Title: "Circularity, flexibility and redevelopment - Silo, a multi-scale residential architecture project in the metropolitan interchange area of Crescenzago"
The jury's comment: “for the design skills at the different scales of the project”.
- “A night terminal: a window to the universe” by Muge Yuruten - MENTION for the evocative capacity and the poetics of representation.
- "Next stadium. Sports and architectural paradigm between utopia and reality” by Matteo Gawlak and Riccardo Gialloreto - MENTION for the audacity and courage in relating to a unique context, for the representation.
- “Sense of home. From fields to city, from shelter to Home” by Chiara Catani - MENTION for the ability to read and interpret the project context.
- “Paraíso cerrado. Widespread Museum of Literature in Granada "by Pedro Escoriza Torralbo - MENTION for the representation and comparison between the different dimensions of the project.
- "M.A.T.C.H. Music. ArT. Cultures. Heritage. System of Minimal Architectures for collective use for the city of New York "by Erika Anelli and Linda Guariento - MENTION for the development of a design system that can be used in different situations.