International Architectural Photography Challenge "Arch 20 Photography Challenge 2021" is Now Open for Entry
Arch2O Photography Challenge 2021 international competition is ready to start for the first edition with grand prizes for top winners. Submit your architectural photograph that conveys the sense of its place. The submission period is from August 15 to December 14, 2021, and the winner will receive a special prize. Aoyama Design Forum has entered into a media partner with Arch2O, and aims to further improve its ability to disseminate information by sharing content.
The growing obsession with visual documentation is giving us a chance to learn more about our architectural context. After we build, the Architecture rebuilds and frames our stories. Taking a photo of a building might be easy, but telling a story through it is quite challenging. How can we freeze these fleeting moments and convey the sense of our culture? How can we, through photography, tell stories of the way we move around the city, within buildings, or simply the way we perceive our surroundings?
It is required to SUBMIT ONE PHOTOGRAPH that conveys the sense of its place – Whether through capturing how a building or a group of buildings exist within their context, or how people and objects experience and interact with these buildings. The photograph can be taken anywhere in the world, at any scale, and from whichever angle. It can, as well, frame a group of buildings, a whole building, or close-up architectural details. Any photo that portrays architecture as its main element is eligible. Submission format should be 1 image with a minimum width of 2000 pixels (max. file size 10mb) in JPEG format, and a 150-word accompanying description. The single image should portray an existing building, interior space, architectural detail, or a group of buildings, and can be taken using any camera or camera phone.
The award is promoted by Fotopro an award winning global brand that designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of photographic equipment for professional photographers.
Prizes For Top Winners
3 TOP WINNERS(one student and two non-students) + 10 HONORABLE MENTION
- Cash Prize $2,000
- Publication in Arch2O’s Annual Feature “100 Photos About Architecture” : 100 finalists will be published in Special Annual Feature ( Jury voting Top 50 & Public voting Top 50 ) , to be distributed to Arch2O’s community including 100,000 newsletter subscribers and 2.5+ million social media followers.
- Fotopro 1st Prize : X-AIRCROSS 2, 2nd Prize : X-go HR Chameleon, 3rd Prize : Mogo FireKit
The jury of Arch2O’s photography challenge includes masters and leaders in the fields of architecture and photography who are interested in documenting our architectural context. The 100 finalists will be selected by Arch2O’s team of competition jurors. Then Top 2 photos will be selected by the expert jury from these shortlisted entries.
Competition Deadlines and Entry Fees
- Opening Call for Entries August 15th, 2021
- Early Bird Registration: Enter before September 30th, 2021(Students $30 | Non-Students $45)
- Regular Registration: Enter before November 8th, 2021(Students $40 | Non-Students $55)
- Late Registration: Enter before December 14th, 2021(Students $50 | Non-Students $65)
- Jury & Public Voting: December 15th, 2021
- Winner Announcement: February 2022