International Architectural Photography Challenge "Arch 20 Photography Challenge 2022" is Now Open for Entry
Arch2O Photography Challenge 2022 international competition is ready to start with grand prizes for top winners. Submit your architectural photograph that conveys the sense of its place. Entry deadline is July 30th, 2022 for early bird registration and Oct 30th, 2022 for regular registration. This year again, Aoyama Design Forum will be supporting the award as a media partner.
The growing obsession with visual documentation is giving us a chance to learn more about our architectural context. After we build, the Architecture rebuilds and frames our stories. Taking a photo of a building might be easy, but telling a story through it is quite challenging! How can we freeze these fleeting moments and convey the sense of our culture? How can we, through photography, tell stories of the way we move around the city, within buildings, or simply the way we perceive our surroundings?
It is required to submit one photograph that conveys the sense of its place – Whether through capturing how a building or a group of buildings exist within their context, or how people and objects experience and interact with these buildings.
- The photograph can be taken anywhere in the world, at any scale, and from whichever angle.
- It can, as well, frame a group of buildings, a whole building, or close-up architectural details.
- Any photo that portrays architecture as its main element is eligible.
- Your photograph should be submitted alongside a short description that does not exceed 150 words.
- Team entries are permissible; you are allowed up to 5 team members with 1 team leader.
Prizes For Top Winners
3 TOP WINNERS One Student and two non-students ＋ 10 HONORABLE MENTION Will be selected
1st Prize : Fotopro (Sherpa Max)
2nd Prize : Fotopro (Sherpa Plus)
3rd Prize : Fotopro (Sherpa)
- 2,000$ in total Cash Prize
- Publication in Arch2O’s Annual Feature “100 Photos About Architecture”
- Advertising on international press
- Publication in Arch2O’s online gallery
100 finalists will be published in Special Annual Feature ( Jury voting Top 50 & Public voting Top 50 ) “100 Photos About Architecture“, to be distributed to Arch2O’s community including 100,000 newsletter subscribers and 2.5+ million social media followers.
Competition Deadlines and Fees
- Opening Call for Entries: May 22, 2022
- Early Bird Registration : Enter before July 30th, 2022(Students $25 | Non-Students $40)
- Regular Registration : Enter before Oct 30th, 2022 (Students $30 | Non-Students $50)
- Late Registration: Enter before Jan 15th, 2023 (Students $40 | Non-Students $60)
- Public Voting : February 15th, 2023
- Jury / Winners Announced : April 2023
How To Win ?
The 100 finalists will be selected by Arch2O’s team of competition jurors. Then Top 2 photos will be selected by our expert jury from these shortlisted entries.
The jury of Arch2O’s Photography Challenge includes masters and leaders in the fields of architecture and photography who are interested in documenting our architectural context.
The confirmed jury members include:
- Aldo Amoretti (photographer of architecture based in Sanremo, Italy. Imperia, Italy Sanremo)
- Paul Clemence (award winning photographer, artist and visual poet exploring the cross sections.)
- Yener Torun (Turkish architect and photographer otherwise known as cimkedi)
- Darren Bradley (American architectural photographer with a passion for mid-century modern architecture and design.)
- Fernando Guerra (Portuguese architectural photographer.Architectural photographer Lisbon I Canon ambassador)
- Tom Blachford (Australian photographer who specialises in images of urban architecture shot at night.)
- Ema Peter (Architectural photojournalist based in Vancouver and London, worldwide traveller, loves clouds. )
- Paul Eis (has always been interested in architecture and finds that architecture buildings at times may come off boring so he decided to add a splash of colour to some of his images he took.)
Stay tuned for updates.